June 22 - All Italian, All the Time!
Roco of WCOM's Music Hall joined me in the studio to feature the jazz musicians with Italian roots. And we had a good time. We had several guests - repeat appearance of the Knaack family - Julie, Will, Gabe, and Zoe, and Julie's parents in from WI, Mary and Steve. We had a wonderful poetry reading by Zoe, who wrote the poem herself; and an unusual poem by Gabe. The show turned into a dancing studio. It may be a small studio but there is always room for dancing.
- Nina Simone; Anthology CD; I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to be Free
- Art Pepper; Meets the Rhythm Section CD; You'd be so Nice to Come Home To
- Frank Sinatra; Songs for Swinging Lovers CD; I've Got You Under My Skin
- Vince Guaraldi Trio; Jazz Impressions CD; Cast Your Fate to the Wind
- Rosemary Clooney; Songs From the Girl Singer CD; Come Rain or Come Shine
- Henry Mancini; Moon River CD; Big Band Montage
- Tony Bennett; All Time Greatest Hits CD; I Left My Heart in San Francisco
- Don Costa; Never on Sunday
- Frankie Valley; Grease CD; Grease
- Al Cailo; Instrumental Gems of the 60's CD; Magnificent Seven
- Dean Martin: Dean Martin on Reprise CD: Last Round Up
- Perry Como; All Time Greatest Hits CD; Don't Let the Stars Get in Your Eyes
- Chick Corea; My Spanish Heart CD; Day Danse
- Al Martino; Volare CD; Spanish Eyes
- Keely Smith; Ladies of Song CD; Sweet & Lovely
- Ray Anthony Band; Instrumentally Yours #6; Peter Gunn
- Jimmy Durante; As Time Goes By CD; As Time Goes By
- Carmen McRae; Nice Work If You Can Get It
- Frankie Lane; Jezebel
- Tony Orlando; Tie a Yellow Ribbon
- Dave Brubeck & Joe Morello; Take Five
The Fish Dish, by Zoe, Age 7
There's a hole in the fish bowl,
And the tank isn't full.
So, I want a dish,
For my fish.
My fish isn't comfortable,
And he doesnt look lovable.
So, that's why I'm getting a dish for my fish.
And he looks quite happy in there.
And here's Gabe's poem, inspired by his sister.
My Sister, by Gabe, Age 9
My sister is like a brat.
Sometimes she acts like a rat.
I really do love my sister.
If she went away I'd really miss her.
If it's dancing she's a pro.
But if it's soccer she says no.
Althought sometimes she's like a bear,
I'd rather have her here than there.