Friday, November 28, 2008

June 1, 2008 Slavic & Latin Jazz
I was glad to have Mietek Glinkowski and friends back on my show. Mietek played his vitar, which is like, yet different, from an electric violin. Mietek hails from Poland and now lives in Raleigh, NC. He was joined by his good friend, Alex Gorodezky, who is from the Ukraine and lives in Raleigh. Nic Slaton played the upright bass. Nic went to NC Central University and studied jazz.


Playlist

  • Nina Simone; Anthology CD; I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to be Free
  • Charlie Haden, Gonzalo Rubalcaba, Ignacio Berron; & David Sanchez; Nocturne CD; Tres Palabras
  • Ibrahim Ferrer; Herido De Sombras
  • Joao Gilberto; Amoroso/Brazil CD; S'Wonderful
  • Dizzy Gillespie; Ool Y Koo; Cubana Be
  • Getz, Gilberto, Astrud; #2 CD; Only Trust Your Heart
  • David Grisman Quartet; Dawg's Groove CD; La Grande Guiznote
  • Dizzie Gillespie; Afro-Cuban Jazz Moods CD; Oro, Incanso y Mira
  • Greg Brink & Tony Galiani; You and the Night and the Music
  • Robert Griffin; NC: A State of Music CD; Rhythm-a-Ning
  • Stephen Anderson; Forgt Not CD; Mobiles
  • Elmer Gibson; The Reach of Memory CD
  • Frankie Alexander; Mad About the Words CD; Mad About the Boy
  • Robert Trowers; Point of View CD; Have You Met Miss Jones
  • Billy Taylor; Music Keeps Us Young CD; I Wish I Knew How it Felt to be Free
  • Charlie Haden; Nocturne CD; Noche de Ronda
My jazz radio show features the sounds of NC jazz musicians both of the past and the present. I always enjoy when the musicians bring their instruments with them and play live during my show. WCOM can be heard in the Carrboro, NC area at 103.5 fm. The door is always open and I enjoy people stopping by to hear the music and to say 'hi'. You can listen in from any where in the world by going to our web-link on the WCOM website at www.communityradio.coop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home