Tuesday, March 11, 2008

February 24, 2008 3rd Anniversary Show
I was thrilled to celebrate my 3rd Anniversary Show of being a WCOM dj by having friends join me in the studio for a great fun party - where we danced and enjoyed the music provided by the Latin dance group, Saludos Compay. The band is made up of the following members - Pablo Valencia on vocals and guitar; Erich Lieth on keyboard and vocals; Chuck Nolan on percussion; and Jay Miller on sax. They are working on a CD and played music live in the studio and then I played some of their songs already recorded for the CD. They are a great Chapel Hill-based group, who play in clubs and at parties across the Triangle Area. Stay tuned for their new CD.

Playlist for show -
El Manicero
Moliendo Café
Pintate Los Labios
Bello Amor*
Chan Chan
Cielito Lindo
Saludos Compay
La Herida*
Entumido*
Lagrimas Negras
Donde Pongo El Sombrero*
Que Bueno Baila Usted
*original songs

I thank Saludos Compay for making my party such a fun time. I'm looking forward to another great year. I thank Erin for helping to take pictures; Heather for making the cake; Julie for the pink piggie cupcakes; Molly for the cookies; and Meg for helping to host the party.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home