Wednesday, December 05, 2007

November 25, 2007 Gene Harris -- Always Rocking, & The Beatles, tooI had a few musical themes going this evening that interestingly enough wove together the music of Gene Harris, the jazz piano player, and The Beatles. And still I was able to fit in lots of music by North Carolina jazz musicians, too.

Please join me every Sunday evening from 7:00 - 9:00 EST, coming to you from the community-powered WCOM radio station. This 100 watts of wonder station is the first of its kind in North Carolina. We can be heard at 103.5 fm in the Carrboro/Chapel Hill vicinity, and from anywhere in the world by going to the internet at www.communityradio.coop. All you have to do is click on the button in the righthand corner and you're set to go. Please call to chat or make a request at 919 929-9601.

Playlist -
  • Nina Simone (b. Tryon, NC); Anthology CD; I Wish I Knew How it Would Feel to be Free
  • Gene Harris; Live at the IT Club CD; On Green Dolphin Street
  • Gene Harris Trio; Gene Harris Trio Plus One CD; Misty
  • Jimmy Smith & Gene Harris; The JAM Years '82-'84 CD; You Don't Know Me
  • Bobby McFerrin; Simple Pleasures CD; Drive My Car
  • Spyro Gyro; Modern Jazz - Songs of The Beatles CD; In My Life
  • Chick Corea; Modern Jazz - Songs of The Beatles CD; Eleanor Rigsby
  • The Beatles; Beatles Disc 1 CD; Blackbird
  • Carmen McRae; Lover Man CD; Them There Eyes & Yesterdays
  • Billie Holiday; Greatest Hits CD; I Loves You, Porgy
  • Roy Hargrove; With Strings CD; You Go to My Head
  • Charlie Hadin & Hank Jones; Steal Away CD; Wade in the Water
  • Hampton Hawes; Hampton Hawes Trio CD; Blues the Most
  • Coleman Hawkins; The Best of Coleman Hawkins CD; I'm Beginning to See the Light
  • John Brown (works in Durham); Terms of Art CD; Caravan
  • Brian Horton (works in Durham); The Best of Brian Horton CD; Devil's Disguise
  • Eva Cassidy; The Other SIde CD; Over the Rainbow
  • The Beatles; Abbey Road CD; Something
  • Frankie Alexander (lives in Durham); Mad About the Words CD; Cheek to Cheek
  • The Beatles; Hard Days Night CD; If I Fell
  • Betty Carter; Feed the Fire CD; All or Nothing at All
  • George Benson & Al Jarreau & Paul McCartney; Givin' It Up CD; Bring It on Home to Me
  • Billy Taylor (b. Greenville, NC); Music Keeps Us Young CD; I Wish I Knew How it Would Feel to be Free
Please join me for a fun evening of song!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home