Wednesday, September 12, 2007

September 10, 2007 Subbing for Breathing Room
I sat in for Fred Wasser this week, who normally runs the Breathing Room jazz show on WCOM. Fred can be heard every Saturday from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. I enjoyed playing CDs I don't normally play on my own show, since I normally feature jazz musicians with a tie to North Carolina. Fred is particularly fond of Frank Sinatra, so I started and ended my show with songs by Sinatra.

Playlist -
  • Frank Sinatra; His Great Performances CD; I've Got You Under My Skin
  • Lee Konitz; Subconscious Lee CD; All the Things You Are
  • Paul Desmond: Skylark CD; Music For a While
  • Dakota Staton; Great Ladies of Song CD; Anything Goes
  • Maxine Sullivan; Moments Like This CD; It's WOnderful
  • Ernestine Anderson; Hello Like Before CD; Soft Shoe
  • Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong; Ella & Louis CD; Moonlight in Vermont
  • Maxine Sullivan with the Scott Hamilton Quintet - Swingin' Sweet CD; Sweet Georgia Brown
  • Jimmy Scott; All the Way CD; All the Way
  • Anita O'Day; Swings Cole Porter; Just one of Those Things
  • Ibrahim Ferrer; Ibrahim Ferrer CD; Bruca Manigua
  • Frank Sinatra; Classic Sinatra; Someone to Watch Over Me
Be sure to catch the Following Monk music festival, honoring the 90th birthday of Thelonius Monk, who was born in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. The festival runs for six weeks and brings top jazz musicians from all over the world into Durham, NC. I'll see you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home