November 11, 2007 Molly's Musings on Jazz
While I was away, Molly and Hayley, seasoned 12 yr. old jazz djs, kept the show going for me. They did a great job of playing many jazz greats. I thank them for their fine job and look forward to them subbing for me again soon.
My show features the sounds of North Carolina jazz musicians and their music. I have current jazz players come to the WCOM studio to play their music live on the air. I also play the music of the great NC jazz musicians of the past. Please join me on the air at 103.5 fm if you live in the Carrboro/Chapel Hill area or through webstreaming at www.communityradio.coop and by clinking on the button in the upper righthand corner. I'm on each Sunday night from 7:00 - 9:00 EST.
- Nina Simone (b. Tryon, NC); Anthology CD; I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to be Free
- Louis Armstrong & Duke Ellington CD; Mood Indigo
- Nat King Cole; The Best of the Nat King Cole Trio CD; Route 66
- Robert Griffin (Carrboro, NC); North Carolina: A State of Music CD; Carolina on my Mind
- Nat Adderly; Nancy Wilson & Cannonball Adderly CD; Teaneck
- Charlie Haden; Quartet West CD; Every Time We Say Goodbye
- Thelonious Monk (b. Rocky Mount, NC); Thelonious Monk & John Coltrane CD; Nutty
- John Coltrane (b. Hamlet, NC); My Favorite Things CD and song
- Dizzy Gillespie (h.s. Laurinburg, NC); The Dizzie Gillespie Story CD; 'Round About Midnight
- Chris Frank (Carrboro, NC); Shoefly CD; One Fishball
- Bill Evans Trio; Sunday at the Village Vanguard CD; Alice in Wonderland
- Billie Holiday; The Classic Decade CD; Sugar
- Ray Charles; Ray Charles Vol. 5; How Long has This Been Going On
- Frankie Alexander (Durham, NC) Mad About the Words CD; Cheek to Cheek
- Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong; Ella and Louis Again CD; Let's Call the Whole Thing Off
- Nat King Cole; The Best of Nat King Cole Trio: Little Joe from Chicago
- Charlie Mingus; Blues and Roots CD; Moanin'
- Charlie Parker; Charlie Parker CD; Chi-Chi
- Billy Taylor (b. Greenville, NC); Music Keeps Us Young CD; I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to be Free