Sunday, August 31, 2008

April 20, 2008 Stephen Anderson & Trio
I was pleased to have the Stephen Anderson and Trio join me in the studio to play their music live and to share music from Steve Anderson's new CD, Forget Not. He is on the faculty in the UNC-CH Music Department. Steve grew up in a musically talented family, and during the show his parents and brother called in from Utah. Steve was raised on classical music and hymns and then moved into jazz, where he incorporates components of his earlier training and love of music. Joining Steve in the studio was Dan Davis on drums and Peter Innocenti on bass. Steve lives in Chapel Hill, Peter in Durham, and Dan in Cary. They have dates at clubs in the area. I was thrilled to have Steve with me on the show and am a great fan of his CD, which is available in local stores.

Playlist -
  • Bye Bye Blackbird
  • Rhythm-A-Thing
  • T'so Political
  • But Not For Me
  • I Love You for Sentimental Reasons
  • In Walked Bud
Melva's Musings on Jazz is broadcast every Sunday evening from 7:00-9:00 from the studios of WCOM in downtown Carrboro, NC. Please join me in the immediate area on the dial at 103.5 fm or from anywhere in the world on the internet by going to WCOM's website at www.communityradio.coop and clicking on the web-streaming button. You can call me during the show at 919 929-9601.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home