Saturday, November 29, 2008

June 8 Tapping Out the Jazz Beat
What a wonderful treat to have local youth tap dancers back on my show again this year. Alex Vigotov, Elizabeth Burke and Lilly Steponaitis are some of the star tappers with Gene Medler, teacher extra- ordinaire. We lowered the mics to the floor and the tappers went to town dancing away. This has become an annual treat to help promote the annual recital held to honor the talents of the NC Youth Tap Ensemble. I thank Gene, Alex, Elizabeth and Lilly for joining me in the studio.


Playlist -
  • Nina Simone; Anthology CD; I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to be Free
  • Oscar Peterson; A Jazz Portrait of Frank Sinatra CD; You Make Me Feel So Young
  • Squirrel Nut Zippers; Sold Out CD: Twilight
  • Nina Simone; Anthology CD; I Want a Little Sugar
  • Coleman Hawkins; Best of CH CD; Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
  • Gene Harris; On Green Dolphin Street
  • Getz/Gilberto; Bim Bon
  • Lou Donaldson; Alligator/Boogaloo CD; Boogaloo
  • Joao Gilberto; Amoroso; S'Wonderful
  • Robert Griffin; NC: State of Music; Rhythm-a-ning
  • Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong; Ella & Louie Again CD; Let's Call the Whole Thing Off
  • Gene Harris; GH & the 3 Sounds, Live at the IT; Funky Pullett
  • Frankie Alexander; Mad About the Words CD; Teach Me Tonight
  • Stanley Baird; Traffic Jam CD; Footprints
  • Charlie Haden/Hank Jones; Steal Away CD; Nobody Knows the trouble I've Seen
Please join me each Sunday night from 7-9:00 on WCOM to hear the special sounds of NC inspired jazz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home