Saturday, November 29, 2008

July 13, 2008 Josh Socolar Plays Beautiful Music and It's My Birthday
Lots of friends stopped by the WCOM studio to both hear Josh Socolar play beautiful jazz music and to wish me a happy birthday - it was quite the party. I love having people stop by the studio and so this was a very special evening. Josh took classical and jazz piano lessons with Toby Tate; and he is particularly inspired by the playing of Thelonius Monk and Oscar Peterson.





Playlist of Songs Played in the Studio -
  • Thelonius Monk's, Blue Monk
  • African Market Place
  • Charlie Parker's, Yardbird Suite,
  • Jimmy McHugh's, Exactly Like You
  • Duke Ellington's, Prelude to a Kiss
  • Billy Strayhorn's, Take the A Train
  • Oscar Peterson's, Hymn to Freedom
  • Horace Silver's, Sister Sadie
  • George Bassman's, I'm Getting Sentimental Over You
  • Thelonius Monk's, Well You Needn't
  • Thelonius Monk's, Round Midnight
  • Sonny Rollins', Don't Stop the Carnaval
  • Dizzy Gillespie's, Night in Tunisia
  • Gillespie's, Jumpin' at the Woodshed
  • Billy Taylor's, I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to be Free
I thank Josh for all the wonderful music he shared and I look forward to his return. And I thank my friends for stopping by the studio to join the party and especially Joann for making such a pretty, jazzy birthday cake.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home