Tuesday, January 09, 2007

January 7, 2007 From Ragtime to Kimbrough Time to Honoring the Two Kings Time (JB & Elvis that is)

On my radio show, Melva's Musings on Jazz, this week I had two guests in the studio with me - Nancy Lowther and Stan Lowe. Even though we were on the radio, Nancy came in a beautiful performing outfit with lots of glittery jewels. And Stan had a deep Elvis-like voice that was great when he sang - Can't Help Falling in Love. My show is live every Sunday from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. EST and features the music and musicians with NC roots. In the area of Carrboro and Chapel Hill, NC, you can hear me on the dial at 103.5 fm. And on the internet, you can catch my show any where in the world by going to the WCOM website and clicking on the upper righthand button for web-broadcast. You can also call in a request at 919 929-9601. Please join me for a fun and entertaining time.

Playlist
  • Nancy Lowther from Cary, NC on piano; Special Passions CD; Leola, Ragtime Dance, Maple Leaf Rag & Solace
  • Nancy Lowther on piano and Stan Lowe from Anger, NC on synthesizer; Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy & Fly Me to the Moon
  • Nancy Lowther on piano and Stan Lowe singing and playing guitar; Can't Help Falling in Love
  • Nancy Lowther singing and on piano with Stan singing and on guitar; Under the Boardwalk
  • Professor Longhair; Rum & Coke CD; Jambalaya
  • Scott Warner, lived in Chapel Hill, jazz pianist, performer, teacher; Wild Man Blues CD
  • Jelly Roll Morton; Promotional Sampler CD; Mister Jelly Lord
  • Elvis; 30 #1 Hits CD; All Shook Up
  • James Brown; 20 All Time Greatest Hits CD; I Feel Good & I'm Black and I'm Proud
  • Madison Smartt Bell & Wyn Cooper; Forty Words for Fear CD; On 8 Mile
  • UNC Jazz Band, Chapel Hill, NC; From One to Another CD; Softly As in a Morning Sunrise
  • Brad Mahldau Trio; Day is Done CD; Martha My Dear
  • Wilson, Kimbrough (b. Roxboro, NC), Wind and Katie Bull on vocals; Love Spook CD; Favorite Things
  • Thelonius Monk (b. Rocky Mount, NC) and John Coltrane (b. Hamlet, NC); Complete Riverside Recordings CD; Monk's Mood & Epistrophy
  • Sarah Vaughn, playing with Dizzy Gillespie (h.s. in Laurenburg, NC); Embracable You CD; Scat Blues
Happy Birthday Elvis - Jan. 8th
Good night and good bye to James Brown. I will miss you and your wonderful music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home