Friday, December 29, 2006

December 17, 2006 From The Blindboys of Alabama to John Coltrane

I wish all a good holiday and have enjoyed sharing some unusual music for this show. I pray for some peace in 2007. My radio show, Melva's Musings on Jazz, can be heard locally in the Carrboro/Chapel Hill area on 103.5 fm on Sundays from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. (EST). I feature North Carolina's jazz music and musicians with roots here. You can hear my show anywhere in the world by going to www.communityradio.coop and clicking on the web-broadcast button in the upper righthand corner. You can contact me during the show to make a request by calling 1.919.929.9601. Please join me Sunday evenings.

Playlist
  • Nina Simone (b. Tryon, NC); Anthology CD; I Wish I Knew How it Would Feel to be Free
  • Blind Boys of Alabama; Go Tell It On the Mountain CD; I Pray on Christmas & Go Tell It on the Mountain
  • Kathy Mathea; Good News CD; Good News
  • Goldberg- Sawyer (Durham-based jazz group); Jazzadelia CD; Black Orpheus
  • Susan Reeves (Raleigh-based jazz singer); Alive CD; All of Me
  • Al Neese (Greensboro-based bebop trumpet player); Omen Seeker CD; Wood Heat
  • Frankie Alexander (Durham-based jazz singer) & Scott Warner (former Chapel Hill-based piano player, composer, and teacher); Demo CD; Feeling Like Someone in Love
  • Ray Charles; The Spirit of Christmas CD; What Child is This & Little Drummer Boy
  • Aaron Neville; Christmas Collection CD; Such a Night
  • James Taylor (b. Chapel Hill singer); James Taylor at Christmas CD; In the Bleak Midwinter
  • Ella Fitzgerald; Ella's Christmas CD; O Holy Night
  • John Coltrane (b. Hamlet, NC); Lush Life CD; Lush Life
  • Nat King Cole; A Jazzed-up Holiday CD; Christmas Song
  • Crystal Gayle; Christmas CD; I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • The Irish Tenors; Home for Christmas CD; Good King Wenceslas
  • Kevin Van Sant (Durham-based guitar player); Yule-Time CD; Sleighride
  • The Roches; The Spirit of Christmas CD; For Unto Us a Child is Born

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home